Alyne Massey established this Fund to ensure the ongoing architectural and historic integrity of Zion Presbyterian Church. The property, established in 1802 by rice and indigo planters from South Carolina, includes the church, the cemetery, an outbuilding used originally as a school, and a slave cemetery. Among the boxwoods are the remains of 11 Revolutionary War veterans, 11 from the War of 1812, and 107 from the War Between the States. In addition, a monument marks the grave of Ben, an African Prince and colonial slave who, although he was hanged three times by the British, lived to be almost 100 years old. For his loyalty in not betraying the Colonials, he was awarded a gold doubloon by the British and is included in the Maury County Roster of Revolutionary Soldiers.
Established in 1994