ChildcareMatters Middle Tennessee Substitute Service provides qualified, trained substitute teachers to child care programs in Davidson County, Tennessee.
Through the ChildcareMatters online platform, substitute teachers can apply for open teaching positions available with child care programs registered with the Service. Since everything happens online, positions are filled quickly and continuity of care is maintained.
How Does It Work?
- Directors log onto the ChildcareMatters website to access the Substitute Service at any time, day or night.
- Once the details of the program’s open position are added to the system, qualified substitutes are notified via text message or email immediately.
- Substitutes can review available jobs from their phone, tablets or computer.
- Programs are notified by text or email when someone applies for position, and directors can view substitute information, including hourly pay rate.
- Payment is made through the program’s current payroll.
- The substitute arrives at the program with all required documents and training.
No more 5:30 a.m. phone calls or scrambling to find a substitute means peace of mind for child care providers and the children in their care.
A Substitute in Their Own Words
Listen to Rosalind Whittaker, a substitute with ChildcareMatters Middle Tennessee Substitute Service, discuss the joys and benefits of substitute teaching in early childhood education.
Become a Substitute Help Us Hire