How To Help

Gifts made to the Tennessee Emergency Response Fund will provide help to those impacted by the severe storms and flooding.

Grants from the Fund will be made to nonprofits providing vital services both immediate and long term. CFMT’s work helps free nonprofits up to concentrate on delivering services while the organization “connects generosity with need” and our community sets out to rebuild lives.

Volunteer Opportunities

Call 931-888-8011 or 931-888-8012 to get volunteer assignments in Waverly. A staging area is in the Dollar Tree parking lot at 515 West Main Street.

Donation of Items (New Only)

CRC Nashville cannot accept used items of any kind. Also, leadership in Waverly has kindly asked for donations of used items to STOP, as they don’t have the room to store items or hands to sort through items.
CRC drop-off sites are located in many neighborhoods including 12 South, Belle Meade, Brentwood, Crieve Hall, Donelson, East Nashville, Franklin, Gallatin, Goodlettsville, Green Hills, Hendersonville, Huntingdon, Madison, Mt. Juliet, Murfreesboro, the Nations, North Nashville, Springfield, and West Nashville. Click map below for exact locations.

TEMA Recovery Information

Flood Recovery Resources

  • The American Red Cross is assisting with four shelters— two in Waverly, one in Dickson and one in Centerville — and provides a Disaster Helpline at 1-800-985-5990. They are located at:
    • Waverly Church of Christ, 438 West Main St., Waverly, TN 
    • YMCA of Dickson County, 225 Henslee Dr, Dickson TN 37055 
    • First Baptist Church, 300 E. Main St. Waverly TN 37185 
    • Fairfield Church of Christ, 1860 TN-100, Centerville, TN 37033 
  • Red Cross also has an online registry where survivors can register and send messages about their well-being.
  • Workers in Dickson, Hickman, Houston, and Humphreys counties are now eligible for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA). Workers can apply at their local American Job Center or at More details here:
  • If you live in Humphreys, Dickson, Houston or Hickman counties and your primary residence was affected by the flash-flooding damage in Tennessee in August 2021, you may apply for mortgage/rent assistance from NAR’s REALTORS® Relief Foundation (RRF). More information here:

Apply for Federal Aid through FEMA

Official declaration number: 4609-DR-TN

Homeowners, renters and businesses in Dickson, Hickman, Houston, and Humphreys coutnies that have uninsured losses from the Aug. 21 severe storm and flooding may apply for federal disaster assistance. More information: or call 800-621-3362 (TTY: 800-462-7585).

Please note: According to FEMA’s process, you must first file a claim with your insurance company before applying for federal aid. If you did have flood insurance, here are some helpful tips to ensure a smoother process.

Flood Recovery Tips

Mental Health

Legal Tips

To apply for legal assistance, please call Legal Aid Society at 1-800-238-1443 or visit for more information.


Did you lose your food stamp benefits or lost food due to loss of power or your home was damaged?

If you get food stamp benefits and lost food due to severe weather, you may be able to get replacement SNAP benefits. You may be eligible if you lost food because the power was out for more than 12 hours, or because your home was damaged. If you think you are eligible for replacement SNAP you should fill out and submit the form at link below immediately. You only have 10 days from the day you lost your food to apply.

Legal Aid Society will be at First Baptist Church in Waverly on Friday, August 27, starting at 9:30 a.m. to help people apply for the Replacement Food Stamp Benefits.

If you believe that you are eligible for replacement food stamp benefits but are denied, please call us at 1-800-238-1443 to see if Legal Aid can help.

Replacement SNAP Form

Additional Resources via