Setting up a fund is simple. We can have you up and running in a matter of minutes.
- Think about the charitable causes important to you. Funds at The Community Foundation support the broadest range of charitable needs, so whatever your idea, bring it to the table.
- Review our Types of Funds. There is no cost to set up a fund; it only takes an initial gift of $5,000 to establish a fund ($10,000 for a scholarship fund).
- Call us at 615-321-4939. We’re here to make this easy for you.
- We’ll draft the fund documents, which are typically a simple agreement outlining the charitable goals of your fund and our policies.
- Once the documents are drafted and we’ve received your charitable gift, your fund will be established!
- Feel free to consult your professional advisor or accountant for information about tax advantages.
The Community Foundation’s knowledgeable staff is always available to you to discuss grantmaking, additional contributions to the fund over time and any other questions you may have!